Friday, March 29, 2013

Updated Chick Guesses


Now that the chicks are showing a little feather, I'm updating my guesses.

Left #2 Silver Penciled Cochin?, Right #4 Partridge or Gold Laced?
#3 Buff Columbian d'Uccle?

  1. Black cochin --> Still black cochin, but the wing feathers are starting to look a tiny bit brown?
  2. Silver penciled cochin --> No change.
  3. Blue mille fleur Belgian bearded d'Uccle --> Looking more like a buff columbian d'uccle instead.
  4. Partridge cochin --> Torn between partridge and gold-laced
  5. Buff cochin --> totally wrong...looks more like a sultan with the silver gene
  6. Golden neck d'Uccle --> No change.
    #1 Wing feathers have brown speckles

    Pretty sure #5 in the foreground is also a Sultan, like the one in the background

    chubby cheeks!

    2 comments:

    1. Sultans in the US are only white, as far as I know.There are some black ones overseas, but as far as I know, none of them have made it over here. If it looks silver, I'd guess it was something else.

      Don't forget about the booted bantanms- they are like the d'Uccles but without the muffs/beards.

      Love the baby pics! ♥

      ReplyDelete
    2. I thought that too, until I saw Murray McMurray Hatchery's YouTube vid of their Sultan chicks (linked in my previous sultan post), and they all have that silver gene look!

      ReplyDelete